Pictograph

 


This is the project that I discussed on another project page where I was asked to create a pictograph. This was meant to depict some sort of fact or statistic. It makes it more visually appealing for a prospective audience. The above image was my first attempt at depicting this information. However, I knew it needed more, I just couldn't place it. I presented these rough drafts to a design class and that was extremely helpful to hear how others interpreted my design. After that, I took their advice and turned my design into more of an infographic as their feedback suggested that in order to make sense of the fact I was presenting, they needed more background information. Below is my finished design. 


I chose to incorporate a couple paragraphs to explain the information being presented in the pictograph portion of this infographic. I incorporated images to help depict the information that I was trying to teach to any potential audiences. This is a topic that I have a decent background knowledge on, so I had to really try to understand what other information people would need to know if they had no background knowledge on the subject. 
Again, I used Earth-y colors and tones to exemplify the agricultural aspect of the topic. I think it is important to make sure that colors are representative of what is being displayed through a design. 

It came to my attention, that this design may be confusing. Below is an updated design that helps to clear up any confusion about the information. 

I added a title to the graph and moved the paragraph explaining the graph next to the graph so that it explains it right away to anyone reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me!

Damaged Photo Repair